RC2 just announced this morning a recall of 5 more Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway items due to potential lead in the surface paint, and we wanted to get the word out to all of you as quickly as possible. I just emailed to our RC2 rep asking which items were involved, and received an email with the official statement from Curt Stoelting, Chief Executive Officer. We are currently in the process of contacting every customer who purchased any of these items from 3000toys.com. Luckily, we will be able to let them know that the ones we sold were received at our warehouse prior to those which are being recalled. RC2 has both a toll-free number and a website to help with any questions or returns you may have (at the bottom of RC2's quote below). Here are excerpts from RC2's letter:
"On September 26, we are announcing the voluntary recall of five additional Thomas & Friends wooden toys that may have been coated with paint containing potentially unsafe levels of lead. Working in full cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we are voluntarily recalling the following affected wooden items, and our records indicate you may have purchased one or more of the following affected toys:
· All-Black Cargo Car
Sold only in the Brendam Fishing Dock Set
RC2 Item# LC99362
· Toad Vehicle with Brake Lever
Recall covers only product Tracking Code: 1656OW000
(this tracking code is located on the bottom of the vehicle)
RC2 Item# LC99027
· Olive Green Sodor Cargo Box
Sold only in the Deluxe Cranky the Crane Set
RC2 Item# LC99371
· All-Green Maple Tree Top and Signal Base Accessories
Sold only in the Conductor’s Figure 8 Sets
RC2 Item# LC99535*
*Please note the Conductor’s Figure 8 Set was included in the June recall and may already have been returned to us.
Recall & Return Information
The all-black cargo cars, Toad vehicles with brake levers, olive green Sodor cargo boxes, and the all-green maple tree top and signal base accessories may have been coated with paint containing potentially unsafe levels of lead. Each of these recalled items is from production prior to April 2007:
· The all-black cargo car from the Brendam Fishing Dock Set was manufactured from March 2003 until July 2005, when the set was discontinued from the Thomas line.
· The Toad vehicle with brake lever with tracking code 1656OW000 was produced in June 2006.
· The olive green Sodor cargo box from the Deluxe Cranky the Crane set was produced from January 2006 through December 2006.
· The all-green maple tree top and signal base accessories were included in the Conductor’s Figure 8 Set and were manufactured from March 2006 until April 2007. (Note: The Conductor’s Figure 8 Set was recalled on June 13th due to different potentially unsafe items.)
Any consumers with questions should be urged to either visit RC2’s web site at http://recalls.rc2.com, or call our Consumer Care Center toll-free at (866) 725-4407 for assistance in identifying and returning the recalled toys. Prepaid U.S.shipping labels are available online for any consumer returning any of the recalled items."