Friday, November 13, 2009

We love your phone calls!

The phones at 3000toys.com were quite busy yesterday. Being a product manager and so very busy this time of year, I don't usually answer the phone. I provide customer service from behind the scenes, making sure you have the best possible prices, descriptions, and images we can provide. But this week I had the opportunity to speak with so many of our customers, and it was really delightful!

I spoke with a 71 year old man who served our country in Vietnam, He seemed to really love our Dragon military tanks and the Forces of Valor item below, and he bought several of them. He was very sweet, and I went home and told my husband all about him.


German Kubelwagen Type 82 - Tan                                                                                                                                

He told me of some of his experiences in war, and close friends that he lost. I could tell that he still carries the pain in heart, but yet he was so proud of serving. Veterans are probably my favorite collector group among our customers. They love to tell of their experiences, and their collection mean so much to them. We appreciate the sacrifices that they've made. Our customers leave an impact on us.

I also spoke with a lady in Canada whose son browses our website every night for Bruder products. This is a story we hear often, especially this time of year. She was pleasant, understanding, and so excited to be buying gifts for her son. She was especially interested in this one:



And by the way, I plan on buying almost all Bruder products for my youngest son this year. And I know the older son will be jealous.

Why am I telling you this? Because I really want you to know that we value you as our customers. But not just as customers. We have regulars that call in just to chat, and we have very special relationships with them. But even those that only call once a year can make an impact on us. We enjoy hearing your stories. We love to hear that you're buying a gift for someone you love. We've laughed, cried, and even prayed with some of you from a distance.

What I'm trying to say is, keep calling. Keep emailing. And let us know how we can serve you. Because in all honesty, we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment