hu-mon-gous (hyoo-muhng'-guhs) - adjective slang 1. extraordinarily large in bulk, quantity, or extent 2. of unbounded extent, scope; limitless. - Synonyms: mammoth, gigantic, colossal, vast, stupendous, huge, enormous, immense, tremendous, massive
This definition comes right out of the flyer that we received just yesterday on the new Caterpillar 797F Mining Truck Die-Cast Scale Model Replica. There is no exaggeration in using the synonyms "mammoth"and "colossal." Let's start with some background:
Just days ago at the MINExpo 2008, Caterpillar unveiled what is being called "the next generation of mining trucks." Included is the 797F mining truck which is replacing the the flagship 797B. Caterpillar prides themselves on prodiving machines for all types of terrain, as is clear with this particular machine.
So without further ado:
Introducing the 797F! Features will include:
- 1/50 scale (but remember, this thing is HUGE!)
- Truck bed that raises and lowers
- Wheels that roll with authentic tread design
- Power Edge and nomenclature deco
- Grab bars, ladders, and authentic trim detail
- Clear window with interior cab detail
- And let's be sure we're clear on this one: It's humongous!
Don't forget to click the picture!