Thursday, December 4, 2008

Remember shopping for your favorite records in the thrift store?

Ok I'm making myself sound like I was there back in the 60s when records were cool. Well, I think they're still a neat thing to have around. You just can't get that beautiful sound anywhere else. My husband and I, both under 30 years old, have a fairly large collection of records, from the Beatles and Bob Dylan (my favorites), to Johnny Cash, Wayne Newton, or the Carpenters. All found stuffed at the back of the store in tattered packing, but still so lovely. That smell, the sound of the needle dropping onto the vinyl..... I'm totally digressing here.

What I wanted to say is that we have some very special items in the back of our store too. Some that you may not find anywhere else. All you have to do is flip through the files. Imagine you're in that record store looking for the perfect item for your dad, to bring back memories of days gone by. And this time we're not talking music. We're talking dad's old studebaker, that sat in the yard rusting because he could never bear to give it up:


The packaging on this one is a little worn, but the model is just fine! And we've knocked the price down, just like that rare White Album that was almost perfect except for a little crease in the cardboard.

So dad's not too nostalgic? What about the one in the family who is just waiting to tell you what happened in each episode of the original Star Trek series. You all have one of these in your family, right? I, myself, am "that one" in the family, and proud of it. (Well not with the original series, but don't cross me when it comes to Deep Space 9.)

Wow! I can't seem to stay focused, because these are some really great finds!



This USS Enterprise is perfectly fine, but the package just has a small tear, so we're willing to give you over 30% off! Beautiful deal here, folks.

The is just a small sampling of what's in the back of the store, in the "scratch and dent" section. Most of these items just have 1 or 2 left, so you don't want to delay! And don't stress if you miss these. There's plenty more "records" to flip through, so you can find just the right gem for the person you love (even it's it's you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment