Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Across the Pond


Working with our fine trucking replicas often causes my mind to drift towards the open road. I think about the long trips I have taken across the country and I think about the truckers who are taking goods all over our country. I imagine how many states they have crossed off their "list" and hope that they enjoy crossing over state lines as much as I did when I was growing up.

Now, after working around and admiring the models that we carry, my mind wanders even further. For instance, this newest arrival of Universal Hobbies 1/50 scale semi-trucks (like item 5683 to your left, available $40.95) has my mind scampering all over Europe, imaging what it must be like to not only cross state lines, but to cross over into a different countries! Sure, these trucks look different, but I have to believe that their souls are the same: adventurous and rugged, always looking forward to the next piece of open road.

I hope these trucks will do the same for you and either take you back to a memory of a special time abroad or inspire you to get out and see the world and mark some states (or countries) off of your list.

Take a look first at these cab only beauties that feature the detail and craftsmanship we have all come to expect from Universal Hobbies.





UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5684 - 1/50
Price = $40.95
Scania R580 Blue












UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5687 - 1/50
Price = $46.95
Renault Magnum Chromed Version - Limited Edition of 1,000 pieces








UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5686 - 1/50
Price = $46.95
Scania R580 Chrome Version - Limited Edition of 1,000 pieces











UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5684 - 1/50
Price = $40.95
Scania R580 Blue





And now, some of my favorite models that I've ever seen around here. The high quality details combined with the unique European advertising makes these "must-have" items. Pick your favorite, but know that in my opinion nothing is better than the yellow "Dark Dog" truck.



UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5689 - 1/50
Price = $72.95
Renault Magnum and Krone "Kuhn" Trailer & Keyring




UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5651 - 1/50 Price = $72.95
Scania R Series and Trailer "Pescarolo Sport" Team - Limited Edition of 1,000 pieces



UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5681 - 1/50
Price = $72.95
Renault Magnum and Krone "Husqvarna" Trailer - Limited Edition of 1,000 pieces



UNIVERSAL HOBBIES - 5685 - 1/50 Price = $72.95
Renault Magnum and Krone "Dark Dog" Trailer & Keyring - Limited Edition of 1,500 pieces



So how about it: what sort of European adventures are you now inclined to take? Which one of these models is your favorite? Let us know!

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment